2010 was a huge year. I don't think I could wrap it up with words. I do however have at least 10,000 pictures from the year. I tried to narrow it down to a top 10, but that is basically impossible. Instead, here's some of my favorites from the year, in semi chronological order
1) Me and Al on the last kid-free trip toWashington DC, visiting our friends Nathan and Emily.
2) This is the first picture I took of Max. He was less than an hour old and it was the first picture that introduced him to the world (and by world I mean Facebook). I can't believe he was ever this small.
3) At 4 days old after his first admission to the pediatrics unit for fever, jaundice and dehydration. It was the sign that I needed that things were going to be ok.
4) Max was a month old in this picture. It looks like a sweet shot of us bonding on the beach. In actually I was still dealing with PPD and he was screaming bloody murder because like his dad, he hates the beach. Despite the circumstances, I still love this shot.
5) Our good friend Teresa took this as part of his first photoshoot. Even at 8 weeks old, Max was a total ham in from of the camera. The child can be mid tantrum but when he hears the pop of the flash he begins to pose
6) This face cracks me up every time.
7) Brett's first Father's Day
8) Baptism day
9) At the Biltmore in Asheville, NC
10) This is the face of one sleepy, satisfied baby. Taken in downtown Asheville.
11) I feel bad because this was taken during one of Max's first illnesses but seriously it's too adorable not to share.
12) Look! A kid free picture! This was with Chef Jerome at Old School Diner, one of the most insane dining experiences I've ever had in my life. Many thanks to our friend Brad (far left) for introducing us to this place.
13) My little pumpkin frolicking in the pumpkins.
14)Taken at the Brookfield Zoo. He LOVED looking at the sea lions.
This post is part of Wordful Wednesdays (because some days I can't be quiet) over at my favorite new blog Parenting my Dummies.