1) We joined the local food co-op tonight and placed our first order- a fruit and veggie box. Now I can pretend to be all crunchy with my organic swiss chard and other vegetables I have no idea how to cook. And yes, these days, Friday night fun means going online to join the food co-op.
2) I'm not actually crunchy because I just made a cake in the microwave. THE MICROWAVE! I love you Deep Covered Baker.
3) At 2:30PM this afternoon I saw a guy running. I didn't see anyone chasing him so I am guessing it was for exercise. Normally, there is nothing wrong with running but IT WAS ONE HUNDRED AND FREAKING NINE DEGREES today. What masochist runs in 109 degree heat? I hemmed and hawed about even going through the grocery store for fear I would melt.
4) I somehow ended up watching a bit of the 4th hour of the Today Show. My God, it is exactly like the SNL skit that mocks it. It's quite the mid morning possibly boozed fueled train wreck...and I LOVED it! I'm so ashamed.
5) Max learned a new skill today. He discovered the toys on his swing and started moving them back and forth. He was absolutely fascinated. My kids totally a genius...which he didn't get from me since I can't spell genius without spell check.
And yes, that is a Colbert onesie.